Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'll Paint You A Rainbow by Grace E. Easley:How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. byElizabeth Barrett Browning ;Will you still love me by Joyce.(Poetry of love,romance and emotions)

Music:
Song from a Secret Garden



Will you still love me
Joyce

Pino Daeni painting
Will you still love me even if I’m not perfect?
Will you still love me even if I’m not the kind
of person you wished I were?

Will you still look into my eyes with warmth even
if you saw my shadows? Will you still hold my hand
even if you knew there will be times I’d let you down?

For though I yearn to take care of you as I should, though
I desire to love you with a love that never falters and fades,
my knees tremble this very moment that you hold me in your arms.

Shall I kiss you? Shall I hold your hand and bask in the light
of your spirit knowing that I have my darkness, knowing there
will be times that the light of my love will sometimes be
overshadowed by the darkness that is in me?

Sometimes I’d be silent and I might bore you. I may not laugh
at your jokes, and you may not understand the spell that’s enshrouding me.
Sometimes I’d get troubled and I’d fail to put into words what
the hell it is that troubles me. I wouldn’t be good company then,
and I couldn’t make you smile.


Sometimes I’d get moody and I might not enjoy the things you’d
like us to do together. Sometimes I’d lose my temper and I’d
no longer act like the fine person who stands before you today.
Sometimes I’d get jealous and I might say things I don’t really
mean.
Sometimes I’d talk too much that I might drive you away.

Sometimes I’d get touchy and I’d get easily hurt. And no matter
how mature I try to be, at times I’d act in childish ways.
I’d demand things I shouldn’t, I’d say things I shouldn’t say.
And no matter how much I desire to protect you and make you
happy,sometimes I’d be the one who’d cause you the most pain.


If you will love me I cannot promise you that I will not hurt you.
I cannot promise you that I will not make you cry and that I’ll
never break your heart. But if you will love me, I will bare
my whole self naked before you, and I will reveal to you my soul.

If you will love me, you can be certain that it is I that you will
love, not a mask that fools you and gives you only what your
eyes desire to see. If you will love me, you can be certain that
you will love the depths of me, all of me that is in me, and
I in turn will love you with all of me, with all my soul, with
all my mind, with all my spirit, with all my flaws and beauty,
and with all my very heart.

I'll Paint You A Rainbow
Grace E. Easley

I'll paint you a rainbow to hang on the wall,
to brighten your heart when the gray shadows fall.
On a canvas of joy outlasting the years,
with a soft brush of sweetness to dry all your tears.

I'll paint you a rainbow with colors of smiles
That glow with sincerity over the miles.
On a palette of words I will tenderly blend
Tones into treasures of sunlight and wind.

I'll paint you a rainbow that reaches so wide,
Your sights and your sorrows will vanish inside,
And deep in the center of each different hue,
A memory fashioned especially for you.
So lift up your eyes, for suspended above,
A rainbow designed by the fingers of love...

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Vladimir Volegov painting

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


Vladimir Volegov painting


Love does not put everything at rest; it puts everything
in motion.
Love does not resolve every conflict; it accepts conflict
as the arena in which the work of love is to be done.
Love does not separate the good people from the bad,
bestowing endless bliss on one, and endless torment
on the other. Love seeks reconciliation of every life
so that it may share all the others.
Daniel Day Williams

1 comment:

  1. Very wonderful! Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...