Friday, May 4, 2012

Friend by Rabindranath Tagore;Keep Me Fully Glad by Rabindranath Tagore


Friend
Rabindranath Tagore

Art thou abroad on this stormy night
on thy journey of love, my friend?
The sky groans like one in despair.

I have no sleep tonight.
Ever and again I open my door and look out on
the darkness, my friend!

I can see nothing before me.
I wonder where lies thy path!

By what dim shore of the ink-black river,
by what far edge of the frowning forest,
through what mazy depth of gloom art thou threading
thy course to come to me, my friend?

Keep Me Fully Glad
Rabindranath Tagore

Keep me fully glad with nothing. Only take my hand
in your hand.
In the gloom of the deepening night take up my heart
and play with it as you list. Bind me close to you
with nothing.
I will spread myself out at your feet and lie still.
Under this clouded sky I will meet silence with silence.
I will become one with the night clasping the earth
in my breast.
Make my life glad with nothing.
The rains sweep the sky from end to end. Jasmines in
the wet untamable wind revel in their own perfume.
The cloud-hidden stars thrill in secret. Let me fill
to the full my heart with nothing but my own depth of joy.

3 comments:

  1. Me encanta " TAGORE", muchas gracias por compartir.Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci pour votre visite et votre commentaire sur Poussières d'Etoiles... Cela me permet de découvrir votre blog très inspirant aussi.
    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pur le message.Ce sera toujours un plaisir de visiter votre blog. Mes voeux d'excellente continuation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...