Friday, April 12, 2013

Reflections On Reading


Delphin Enjolras painting

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
George R.R. Martin

Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.
Alberto Manguel

There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

I divide all readers into two classes; those who read to remember and those who read to forget.
William Lyon Phelps

I go back to the reading room, where I sink down in the sofa and into the world of The Arabian Nights. Slowly, like a movie fadeout, the real world evaporates. I'm alone, inside the world of the story. My favourite feeling in the world. Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...