Saturday, August 24, 2013

Inspirational love quotes & poems by rumi

Music:
IGOR KRUTOY-You Were Sent To Me By God



Richard Johnson art

O Love
Rumi

O Love, O pure deep Love, be here, be now,
Be all – worlds dissolve into your
stainless endless radiance,
Frail living leaves burn with your brighter
than cold stares -
Make me your servant, your breath, your core.

Love is the cure
Rumi

Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love
as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.

With the Beloved's water of life, no illness remains
In the Beloved's rose garden of union, no thorn remains.
They say there is a window from one heart to another
How can there be a window where no wall remains?
Rumi

In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty,
how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where
no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight
becomes this art.
Rumi

The Way Things Should
Rumi

What will
our children do in the morning?
Will they wake with their hearts wanting to play,
the way wings
should?

Will they have dreamed the needed
flights and gathered
the strength from the planets
that all men and women
need to balance the wonderful charms
of the earth
so that her power and beauty does
not make us forget our own?

I know all about the ways of
the heart–how it wants to be alive.
Love so needs to love
that it will endure almost anything,
even abuse,
just to flicker for a moment.

But the sky’s mouth is kind,
its song will never hurt you,
for I sing those words.
What will our children do in the morning
if they do not see us fly?



Fleeing from Love
Rumi

Are you fleeing from Love because of a single humiliation?
What do you know of Love except the name?
Love has a hundred forms of pride and disdain,
and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.
Since Love is loyal, it purchases one who is loyal:
it has no interest in a disloyal companion.

The human being resembles a tree;
its root is a covenant with God:
that root must be cherished with all one’s might.
A weak covenant is a rotten root, without grace or fruit.
Though the boughs and leaves of the date palm are green,
greenness brings no benefit if the root is corrupt.
If a branch is without green leaves, yet has a good root,
a hundred leaves will put forth their hands in the end.


Do You Love Me?
Rumi

A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more
than you love me?
The beloved replied,
I have died to myself
and I live for you.


I’ve disappeared from myself
and my attributes.
I am present only for you.
I have forgotten all my learning,
but from knowing you
I have become a scholar.

I have lost all my strength,
but from your power
I am able.
If I love myself
I love you.
If I love you
I love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...