Friday, April 7, 2017

Out of my deeper heart by Khalil Gibran

MUSIC:

Out of my deeper heart
Khalil Gibran

Out of my deeper heart a bird
rose and flew skywards.
Higher and higher did it rise,
yet larger and larger did it grow.

At first it was but like a swallow, then a lark,
then an eagle,then as vast as a spring cloud,
and then it filled the starry heavens.

Out of my heart a bird flew skywards.
And it waxed larger as it flew.
Yet it left not my heart.

O my faith, my untamed knowledge,
how shall I fly to your height and see with you
man's larger self pencilled upon the sky?

How shall I turn this sea within me into mist,
and move with you in space immeasurable?

How can a prisoner within the temple
behold its golden domes?

How shall the heart of a fruit be
stretched to envelop the fruit also?

O my faith, I am in chains behind
these bars of silver and ebony,
and I cannot fly with you.

Yet out of my heart you rise skyward,
and it is my heart that holds you,
and I shall be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...